|Pet Fest 2016 set for March 19 & 20
3/7/2016 4:56:31 PM
Our pets love us unconditionally – so why not give back to them by bringing out to the park for a day of fun? Pets, their owners, and those in search of a new pet are invited to join Charleston County Parks for a full weekend of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment, and more at the Lowcountry’s premier pet festival, Pet Fest! The fun takes place on two days, Saturday, March 19 and Sunday, March 20, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park.
Pet Fest provides an opportunity for local pet-related organizations and businesses to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, animal-friendly environment. Leashed pets are welcome with their owners! Or, come to the festival in search of your new best friend from area rescue groups, who will have adoptable animals on site.
Pet Fest 2016 highlights:
· Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation
· Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
· Nutrition, education and training tents
· Dog washing station (with a $5 donation)
· Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
· Children’s activities, including jump castles
· Food, beverages and beer for sale
· Live music from 2-4 p.m. by Dave Landeo on Saturday and Green Levels Sunday
· K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Agility Course (shows at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily), plus the Try It Zone for a $10 donation
· Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume (times will be posted on-site)
· Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest (both days)
· Canine Good Citizens Test and the Canine Community Test – see if your dog is ready for certification (Saturday only)!
· Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show (Sunday, 12 p.m.)
· STAR (Search Tactics And Rescue) Team Demonstrations
Pet Fest attendees who adopt a pet from the Charleston Animal Society at the event will receive an individual annual park pass to one of Charleston County Parks (value $30). To view adoptable pets available at the Charleston Animal Society, visit CharlestonAnimalSociety.org.
Don’t miss Pet Fest, Saturday, March 19 and Sunday, March 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Admission is $8 per day. Kids 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and pets are free. Pet Fest is brought to you by Coca-Cola and your Charleston County Parks.
For more information call 843-795-4386 or visit CharlestonCountyParks.com/PetFest.