9/10/2015 12:12:07 PM
The Harbour Club, a private business and social club and a member of the ClubCorp family, is excited to announce the club will hold its annual ClubCorp Charity Classic Gala “Sapphire Soiree” on Oct. 9. The club’s local charity of choice this year is Camp Rise Above, a local non-profit organization providing fun, life changing camp experiences to children with serious illness, life challenges and disabilities. These children experience the magic of childhood regardless of their medical condition.
The event will feature a DJ, dancing, silent and live auction by auctioneer Tom Crawford and a heavy hors d’ouevres menu created by Executive Chef William Montgomery that will include:
- Roasted Chimichurri Beef Tenderloin Station with Pink Eye Pea and Sweet Pepper Rice
- Charleston Chow Chow, Pineapple-Kiwi Relish and Garlic Confit Aoli
- Lamb Lolli Pop Station with Grilled Colorado Lamb Chops with Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes and Merlot Jus
- Charleston Raw Bar with Chilled Fruits de Maire Ceviche with Watermelon and Thai Basil, Selection of Eastern and Gulf Coast Oysters, Local Charleston Shrimp, Chilled Gazpacho Mussels, Poached Cucumber Salmon
- Celebration Finale to include Assorted Flavored Mousse Shooters, Vanilla Crème Brulee Spoons, Mini Banana Pudding and so much more
The cost of the event is $65 per person (inclusive of tax and service charge) prior to Sept. 12 and $75 per person (inclusive of tax and service charge) after Sept. 12. Ticket price includes DJ, dancing, food displays, drinks and additional surprises. Sapphire attire encouraged and black tie optional. For more details and to make reservations, call 843-723-9680.
All proceeds raised from this event benefit Camp Rise Above, Augie’s Quest and the Employee Partners Care Foundation. Augie’s Quest is dedicated to helping others find a cure for Lou Gehrig’s disease and Employee Partner Care Foundation assists ClubCorp Employees in times of financial crisis.
The Harbour Club opened its doors during the summer of 1994 in the 200-year-old building at 35 Prioleau Street with founding members that included DeAnna Ellington Cheek, MD, E. Bart Daniel, Trudie C. Krawcheck and Timothy D. Scrantom. The club embraced diversity in the traditional Southern atmosphere and now serves as a centerpiece of Charleston where influential social and business community leaders connect with family, friends and colleagues.
Located in the French Quarter and overlooking the Charleston Skyline, Harbour Club offers both informal and formal dining, private meeting and conference rooms and an expansive ballroom for large-scale events accommodating up to 300 people.
As a member of the ClubCorp family, Harbour Club members can enjoy Community and Worldwide benefits, including complimentary green fees and complimentary dining when traveling to more than 300 private clubs and access to special offerings at more than 1,000 hotels, resorts and entertainment venues.