3/12/2015 12:50:17 PM
Our pets love us unconditionally – so why not give back to them by bringing out to the park for a day of fun? Pets, their owners, and those in search of a new pet are invited to join Charleston County Parks for a full weekend of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment, and more at the Lowcountry’s premier pet festival, Pet Fest! The fun takes place on two days, Saturday, April 11 and Sunday, April 12, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park.
Pet Fest provides an opportunity for local pet-related organizations and businesses to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, animal-friendly environment. Leashed pets are welcome with their owners! Or, come to the festival in search of your new best friend from area rescue groups, who will have adoptable animals on site.
Pet Fest 2015 highlights (ongoing each day):
· Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
· Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation
· Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
· Nutrition, education and training tents
· Dog washing station (with a $5 donation)
· Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
· Children’s activities, including jump castles
· Food, beverages and beer for sale
Event and Activities Schedule (select times):
· K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving (11, 1 & 3 p.m. daily). Your dog can dive for a $10 donation!
· Pet Contests – Best Trick, Furriest, Most Loveable, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume (contest times will be posted on site)
· Canine Good Citizens Test and the Canine Community Test – see if your dog is ready for certification! (Saturday only)
· Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show (Sunday, 12 p.m.)
· Live music by JamiSun, Sunday from 2-4 p.m.
· STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team Demonstrations
Volunteers are also being recruited to help at Pet Fest 2015! For more information on volunteering for this and other Charleston County Parks’ events, call 843-795-4386 or email .
Don’t miss Pet Fest, Saturday, April 11 and Sunday, April 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park (444 Needlerush Pkwy). Admission: $8 per day. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Kids 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and pets are free. Pet Fest is brought to you by Coca-Cola, Southern Eagle Distributing, Crews Subaru, and your Charleston County Parks. For more information call 843-795-4386 or visit CharlestonCountyParks.com/PetFest.