1/5/2015 10:53:25 AM
Tickets are now on sale for the inaugural Charleston Insiders’ Weekend May 1 – 3, 2015, hosted by the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau in partnership with five Time, Inc. lifestyle and luxury publications – Coastal Living, Departures, Food & Wine, Southern Living, and Travel + Leisure. The weekend will feature more than 20 one-of-a-kind local experiences celebrating Charleston's epicurean scene, shopping, history, culture, and lifestyle—all from an insider's point of view.
Evelyn Webster, Executive Vice President of Time Inc., said, “We’re thrilled to partner with the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau to offer our readers, travelers, and residents alike an itinerary of authentic, local experiences that you won’t find anywhere else. With activities curated by our editors, we’re confident that frequent visitors and locals will enjoy something fun and new, while first-timers will leave wanting to return again soon.”
The Charleston Insiders’ Weekend includes special events hosted by Time Inc. editors, including Coastal Living Editor-in-Chief Antonia van der Meer, Food & Wine Editor-in-Chief Dana Cowin, Southern Living Editor-in-Chief Sid Evans, and Travel + Leisure Editor Nathan Lump, along with many of Charleston’s celebrated personalities, chefs, artisans, and musicians. From exclusive culinary experiences and demonstrations to guided tours with notable experts, here is a sampling of featured events:
· Friday night Chef + Editors dinners: Chef Mike Lata with Food & Wine Editor-in-Chief, Dana Cowin at The Ordinary; Chef Jeremiah Bacon with Travel + Leisure Editor, Nathan Lump at The Macintosh; Chef Graham Dailey with Southern Living Editor-in-Chief, Sid Evans at Peninsula Grill; Chef Michelle Weaver with Coastal Living Editor, Tracey Minkin
· A round of golf at the famed The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort with Departures and one of the resort’s seasoned pros
· A tour of private homes on Sullivan’s Island with Coastal Living Homes Editor Ellen McGauley
· Charleston Harbor Sail Excursion with Travel + Leisure and mixologist Rod Weaver of Husk Restaurant
· Biscuits & Jam, an outdoor concert, pig roast and Lowcountry boil hosted by Southern Living at Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park, featuring brews and spirits from Charleston’s craft breweries and distilleries with a headline act to be announced
· "Eat and Drink Like a Local" Passport Tour hosted by Travel + Leisure spanning two days and featuring drinks and small dishes from Artisan Meat Share, Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, Butcher & Bee, Zero George, Craftsman, Fleet Landing, Indaco, Hall’s Chophouse, and 39 Rue de Jean
· Shopping and Socializing on King Street hosted by Southern Living, Departures, Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, participating shops for this event include Hampden Clothing, Croghan’s Jewelbox, Paulo Geiss, and Blue Bicycle Books.
"With more than three centuries of exquisitely-preserved history on display at every turn, Charleston is one of North America’s most architecturally significant and culturally vibrant destinations," says Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director Helen Hill. "While Charleston exists as an arbiter of style and design, the entire region is truly a preservationist’s muse that invites and inspires visitors from around the world. We are delighted to host this innovative partnership with Time Inc. and look forward to welcoming esteemed editors and visitors to the Charleston Insiders' Weekend next May!"
Charleston Insiders’ Weekend hotel packages and tickets to the events (ticket prices start at $18/person) and a complete itinerary are available at coastalliving.com/charleston, departures.com/charleston, foodandwine.com/charleston,southernliving.com/charleston, and travelandleisure.com/charleston