|Good Catch Dinner Features Tantalizing Menu, Inspired Wine Pairings and a Unique Oyster Dessert
11/11/2014 2:33:16 PM
Cooler weather is here and that means seasonal dishes are on tap at the next South Carolina Aquarium Good Catch Dinner. The dinner takes place at High Cotton Restaurant Nov. 19 starting with a reception at 5:30 p.m. A portion of the proceeds from the dinner will support Good Catch, the Aquarium's sustainable seafood program. Executive Chef Shawn Kelly has created a delicious four-course dinner with a Lowcountry twist in the heart of historic Charleston.
- Hors d'oeuvres paired with JCB Brut No. 21 Cremant de Bourgogne,Burgundy, France NV
- Winter vegetable and Carolina crab salad with pistachios, faro, lemon olive oil paired with Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley, Oregon 2012
- Local shrimp ravioli with green peas, tomato, smoked trout jus, and Sunburst Farms trout caviar paired with T&P Matrot Burgogne Blanc, Burgundy, France 2012
- Panko encrusted flounder with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spaetzle, and a brown butter emulsion paired with Palacios Remondo "La Montessa" Crianza Rioja, Spain 2011
- Oyster ice cream with vanilla bean French toast and bacon brittle with King Bean Coffee signature Maverick blend
Guests will experience a mix of tasty, local ingredients, inspired wine and Charleston hospitality while dining at High Cotton Restaurant. The trendy bar, stylish dining room with heart pine floors and antique brick details welcome diners for a one-of-a-kind Lowcountry meal. South Carolina Aquarium Good Catch coordinator Shelley Dearhart will be present to share information with guests about sustainable seafood best practices and how to make wise choices when dining out and at home.
- The Good Catch dinner takes place Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2014, 5:30 p.m. at High Cotton Restaurant, located at 199 East Bay Street in downtown Charleston.
- The experience is $70 per person.
- Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to Good Catch at the South Carolina Aquarium
- Space is limited and reservations are required. For reservations, call (843) 724-3815.