|The fonduementals of fall cheeses at Whole Foods Market
8/29/2014 3:12:54 PM
Whole Foods Market (923 Houston Northcutt Blvd.) is sampling a unique selection of fall cheeses perfect for grilling and pairing with grilled foods at their quarterly Cheese Nights event. The free event will be on Tuesday, September 16thfrom 6-7:30 p.m. Attendees will learn what happens when heat meets cheese and taste a unique selection of delicious grilled cheeses and pairings.
Some of the highlights:
Le Gruyère Reserve
· Experience: A Swiss-made favorite with high meltability that’s been awing cheese lovers for centuries. Nutty and creamy with spicy overtones.
· Goes with: Sauvignon blanc, dried cranberries, orange marmalade, French onion soup, macaroni and cheese and fondue.
Halloumi from Cyprus
· Experience: The classic sheep and goat’s milk cheese from the island of Cyprus is salty and tangy with sweet flavor from incredibly fresh milk.
· Goes with: Rosé, dried citrus, cherry spread, walnuts, arugula or mâche salad with pine nuts.
Berliner Der Käse
· Experience: Creamy, rich and highly meltable with notes of caramel and light citrus flavor.
· Goes with: Dry riesling, coarse mustards, cornichons, pickled onions and grilled pizzas.