This year, the city of Charleston is once again participating in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), which provides children and teens under 18 years of age with free, nutritious lunches during the summer months while schools are not in session.
Beginning on Monday, June 15, 2020, meals will be available at the following parks and recreation sites in the city of Charleston Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
· Arthur W. Christopher Community Center, 265 Fishburne Street
· Calvary Baptist Church, 620 Rutledge Avenue
· Deming Park, 1030 5th Avenue
· Forest Park Playground, 780 Playground Road
· Freddie Whaley Community Center, 1810 Doscher Avenue
· Lenevar Playground, 1305 Lenevar Drive
· Martin Park, 155 Jackson Street
· McMahon Park, 55 Cleveland Street
· Mitchell Park, 145 Fishburne Street
· Moultrie Park, 41 Ashley Street
· Pink House, 1551 Mulberry Street
· Shaw Community Center, 22 Mary Street
· St. Julian Devine Community Center, 1 Cooper Street
· Thomas Johnson Park, 1443 Secessionville Road
· Willie Gaines Park, 1827 Taborwood Circle
With social distancing guidelines still in place, the free meals will be offered in a grab and go format, rather than being consumed on-site.
SFSP is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and administered by the South Carolina Department of Education.