Arts & Draughts, Columbia’s most creative party, returns for a scary good time on Friday, March 13, from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. A great opportunity to party with hundreds of friends and community creatives, this time the quarterly series revolves around the featured exhibition It’s Alive! Classic Horror and Sci-Fi Art from the Kirk Hammett Collection and includes a fantastic lineup of performances, food, libations, and art activities from the booming Columbia cultural scene and beyond.
Revelers are encouraged to:
- Stroll the open galleries, from the CMA collection to the horror, hip-hop, and hippies of exhibitions It’s Alive!, TRIBE: A Celebration of South Carolina Hip-Hop Culture, and Notes from the Underground: Poster Design from the Hippie Era
- Rock out on Boyd Plaza to live musical performances from post-punk/cold wave architects Candy Coffins, Greenville’s Gláss, and special “Walk This Way” performances from Czar Records’ Fat Rat da Czar and H3RO with full backing bands to celebrate TRIBE
- Sip on craft beer and wine from The Whig’s cash bar featuring Asheville’s Hi-Wire Brewing, known for approachable and balanced lagers and ales
- Nosh on food from Rambo’s Fat Cat Biscuits, Los Chicanos, The Wurst Wagen, and Pizza for Pyros
- Take a Unique Perspective Tour of It’s Alive! with filmmaker Chris Bickel
- Investigate the scene with a scavenger hunt of the CMA collection
- See what the future holds in a tarot card reading
- Create a temporary tattoo
- Play in a pop-up game station including Guitar Hero Metallica from local family game store Firefly Toys and Games
- Shred like a certain member of Metallica in the Kirk Hammett Guitar Experience presented by Live Nation
- Pin the string on the bass with Girls Rock Columbia
- Check out the 2020 census station from Columbia City Council’s Complete Count Committee
- Experience the Indie Grits storytelling booth
- Snag new Columbia flag swag from One Columbia, Southern Fried Stitching, and Cait Maloney Creative
- Make art in Open Studio activities from 701CCA
$10 / $5 for members. Join or renew membership or volunteer that night and get in free.
Presented by Cyberwoven. Sponsored by The Whig, Estates & Companies, Free Times, MacMogul Real Estate Consulting, Mast General Store, and WXRY 99.3 FM.
For more information, visit columbiamuseum.org.