Charleston GOOD, the Lowcountry’s grassroots resource and support network, will officially open the season of giving November 1 by launching a new free platform to better serve the needs of individuals and organizations trying to make Charleston a better community for all of us.
The GOODSHARING NETWORK has been a vision of Charleston Good’s founder, Todd Chas, for over a decade as he watched and shared in the growing frustration with existing platforms.
“Imagine a completely ad-free social network where you actually will see what your friends share and reach the people you’re trying to reach. Imagine a single platform where eager volunteers and needy organizations can effectively find one another,” Chas proposes. “Imagine an online community that cares more about you and Charleston than about revenue streams. Now stop imagining and come join us because that is what we have built.”
The GOODSHARING NETWORK is an exciting and self-sustaining alternative that will help individuals and organizations in Charleston communicate, connect and collaborate more purposefully and effectively.
Why? Because …
The GOODSHARING NETWORK Network is
• FREE – Always and forever, though if you’d ever like to make a donation, head over to CharlestonGOOD.com
• AD-FREE – CharlestonGood is a non-profit. They’re not in this to raise revenue by inundating you with advertisements
• COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY – CharlestonGood will never sell or share your data.
• CONVENIENT – The platform is accessible via the web or the Mighty Networks app! And you can even share directly to Facebook from the platform, so you can control how much you want to wean yourself from FB.
• EFFECTIVE – There are no algorithms controlling what you see in your feeds. You control what you see by choosing your own notification settings. This means everyone will be more effective reaching one another and our intended audiences.
• HYPER-LOCAL & PURPOSE-DRIVEN – CharlestonGood is not trying to be all things to all people. They’re focused on individually and collectively making a positive impact on Charleston. And they are reachable. Since they are local, they can adapt, as they have always done, to meet our evolving community needs.
• FULL OF FEATURES
> Create online personal and organizational profiles
> Customize your notifications (web site/app)
> Connect with friends
> Post, comment, like, and share
> Direct message your friends
> Create polls and surveys
> Create groups and events
> Follow Topics, Friends, Organizations, and Groups
Ready to check it out? You can learn more and sign up for free at Goodsharing.net.