Lowcountry Local First is accepting nominations through November 4, 2019 for its inaugural Local First Awards. These annual awards will celebrate the Lowcountry’s local-independent businesses and organizations whose legacy of work and choices support the local community and envision business as a force for good.
Community members may submit multiple nominations and are encouraged to provide a brief explanation for each submission to aid in an outside selection committee’s reviewing process. Lowcountry Local First member businesses will receive an extra point in the scoring rubric of consideration, however membership is not required. Submissions are being accepted online at LowcountryLocalFirst.org/Awards.
Finalists will be announced in December 2019 and winners will be recognized at the Lowcountry Local First Annual Meeting and Awards Celebration on January 8, 2020.
– Community Builder Award: A local community developer, investor, or lender with deep roots in the community and is known for its positive investments in the Lowcountry’s people, culture, and future.
– Sustainability Award: An environmental champion who works to improve the local community through sustainable practices, products or services.
– High Road Award: A model employer who puts their people first by providing quality jobs, fostering a positive work environment, and championing beneficial business practices.
– Multiplier Award: A business that supports the local economy by purchasing supplies and services from other local businesses, creating a “ripple effect” as money circulates within the local community.
– Experience Maker Award: A local business that has created top notch customer service or experiences, be it in-person or online.
“We look forward to hearing from the community on which businesses stand out in their minds for these categories. We believe these awards will recognize the truly unique – and very important – characteristics of our business community,” says Jordan Amaker, Director of Marketing and Communications for the organization. “Our local businesses deserve this recognition and a true celebration for going above and beyond profitability to be the best businesses for our community.”