Charleston County Councilwoman Anna B. Johnson of District 8 will hold her monthly round table discussion on Wednesday, August 28. The meetings normally are held at 12:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of every month at the John’s Island Regional Library located at 3531 Maybank Highway on Johns Island. Based on the topics being presented, this workshop will be held from 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m.
The guest speakers for this workshop will be Expungement Coordinator Shekema Bennett from the Ninth Circuit Solicitor’s Office and Assistant General Counsel Tommy Evans from the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services.
Topics to be discussed:
· Defining an expungement.
· What are the circumstances in which state laws allow for the destruction of arrest and/or conviction information.
· What is the difference between probation, parole and pardon services vs. expungement?
· Benefit from a pardon and/or an expungement.
· Services provided by the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon.
· Does a pardon clear my record?
· Question and answer session.
“My purpose for holding these monthly meetings and workshops is to share information about County-related issues and to listen to citizens’ concerns,” Johnson said. “Each month, different speakers are invited to address topics of interest as expressed by the public.”
Citizens do not need to register in advance for the round table meetings. For more information or to provide ideas for upcoming topics, contact Charleston County Councilmember Anna B. Johnson:
· By email at: [email protected]
· By phone at: (843) 958-4001
· By mail at: Post Office Box 13975; James Island, SC 29422