It’s time to art, drink, and be happy at the Columbia Museum of Art’s ever-popular Arts & Draughts on Friday, August 23, from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. The quarterly series returns to celebrate the end of summer with a fantastic lineup of closing exhibitions as well as performances, food, libations, and art activities from the booming Columbia cultural scene.
The evening features:
- Open galleries, from the CMA collection to featured exhibitions including Mimi Kato: Ordinary Sagas and Wow Pop Bliss: Jimmy Kuehnle’s Inflatable Art (both closing September 8) as well as Latinidad: Latin American Art from the Collection (closing September 1) and Indie Grits Lower Richland StoryLab: Places of Freedom (closing September 15).
- The Cross Hatch, an interactive space for all ages.
- Food and refreshments available for purchase from Curiosity Coffee Bar, Smokey Loggins, Rambo’s Fat Cat Biscuits, Cha Cha’s Food Truck, and The Haute Dog Lady.
- A cash bar from The Whig featuring beer from Columbia Craft Brewing Company.
- Live music from Pet Peeves, Watson Village, and Jordan Igoe, with DJ sets from DJ INFP.
- Unique perspective gallery tours with Congaree Riverkeeper Bill Stangler.
- Printmaking with USC’s Ink and Paper.
- A styling-and-selfie station with O.P.T. Collective.
- Gallery scavenger hunts and D.I.Y. art projects from the CMA.
$10 / $5 for members. Join or renew membership or volunteer that night and get in free.
Upcoming Arts & Draughts dates:
• Friday, November 15, 2019
• Friday, March 13, 2020
• Friday, May 15, 2020
Presented by Cyberwoven. Sponsored by The Whig, Free Times, MacMogul Real Estate Consulting, and WXRY 99.3 FM. This project is supported by a grant from the Knight Foundation Fund and by a Connected Communities grant at Central Carolina Community Foundation.
For more information, visit columbiamuseum.org.