Position: Community Manager
Term: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Director of Development
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
Application Deadline: April 7, 2019
Lowcountry Local First (LLF) is looking for someone who’s smart, responsible, fun, creative, and a self-starter that works well in a fast-paced start-up environment to sustain a diverse coworking community, while simultaneously managing membership outreach. LLF is a nonprofit organization comprised of more than 600 local business and community members who are committed to creating a vibrant local economy.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about locally-owned businesses and enjoy meeting and networking with freelancers, entrepreneurs and small businesses. This position involves reaching out to potential LLF members with a confident understanding of the value LLF brings to the local business community and quality of life. He or she should understand the concept and value of coworking; helping create a culture focused on supporting members and assisting to grow their businesses.
Additionally, this role will handle day-to-day operations of the coworking space, leasing, general maintenance, field requests from vendors and partners, and create events and programs for its members. As such, this position requires general business knowledge and a practical understanding of marketing, management and finance/accounting. The ideal candidate must be a great communicator and enjoy engaging with individuals – online, in person, and everything in between. Applicants should consider themselves creative, extremely organized, good-natured, and ready to be part of a lean and hard-working team.
60% Membership Services
– Grow LLF membership through written, phone, and face-to-face outreach
– Organize workshops, coffee talks and provide support for the annual Good Business Summit
– Provide consistent evaluation of the member experience including workshops and coffee talks
– Work alongside Engagement Coordinator and Director of Development to set membership budget and achieve revenue goals
– Add and maintain member profiles within CRM database
– Attend all monthly Member Mixers, checking members in, preparing name tags etc.
– Work with Admin to ensure all members receive new member or renewing member information in a timely manner
– Generate lists and reports from contact database for committees, staff, and board
– Solicit feedback and provide ongoing management of membership experience/stewardship
40% Local Works Management
– Develop strategies to create a continual pipeline of potential members
– Maintain in-house calendar of events and communications to members regarding community happenings
– Develop creative opportunities for Local Works members to engage and collaborate
– Provide updates to marketing on new member profiles, pricing, amenities, etc.
– Manage the usage and rental of conference and meeting rooms by outside groups
– Ensure membership payments and invoicing are done in a timely manner
– Act as point of contact for facilities management needs
– Responsible for organizing all vendors for Local Works
– Orient all new members on policies and procedures
– Proficient in WordPress, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
– An extremely detail oriented and highly organized work style
– Proficient with web-based databases and CRM systems such as Salesforce
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
– Has great passion for the mission of Lowcountry Local First
– Has experience in sales, fundraising or membership
– Has excellent interpersonal skills and an energy that attracts others
– Has excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to represent Lowcountry Local First in a professional manner with diverse constituencies
– Is self-motivated and self-regulated
– Has experience in event planning
– Has extreme attention for detail
– Has excellent problem solving skills
– Has the ability to handle multiple tasks and wear the many hats required of a small nonprofit staff
– A self-starter who thrives on deadlines; can effectively manage multiple projects at a time
– Highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes
– Has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Gain valuable nonprofit experience with an organization named 2010-2012 Best Local Cause by Charleston City Paper; 2016 Best Promotional Video and Best Non-traditional Marketing Campaign by the Charleston AMA; and 2015 Small Business Ally of the Year by the SC Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
– Work with a great team of professionals. Meet the LLF crew.
– Work in a space described an “open, beautiful, vibrant space designed to bring local entrepreneurs together,” by Charleston City Paper.
– Meet and interact with LLF member businesses (550+ local companies) and Local Works coworking community
– Generous cell phone and insurance stipends
– Ability to participate in a matching retirement plan
To Apply: NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume to with “Community Manager” in subject heading.
Lowcountry Local First is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.