Startup & THRIVE! is the new social impact accelerator and emerging venture capital fund, that is planning to host its first, Startup & THRIVE! Wealth Building Week this Fall in Philadelphia from September 16 – 21, 2019. The 6-day event aims to help African-American women founders get on the path to prosperity, gain access to the venture capital pipeline, get their businesses off-the-ground and THRIVING and close the wealth gap in America –through entrepreneurship.
“Entrepreneurship is a key driver for building wealth in this country and, ironically, African-American women who ‘lack wealth’, have been starting businesses, at much higher rate, than any other ethnic group, over the past 20 years” says Founder and emerging fund manager Barbara Bamba. “This entrepreneurial growth trend presents African-American women with a defining moment in history — as we are, now, in a position to, start closing the wealth gap.”
Startup & THRIVE! Wealth Building Week will feature 6 days of wealth building activities that can breakthrough barriers to startup success and lead to financial security, freedom and inclusion.
- On Day 1: “Get On The Path to Prosperity” Participate in 5 wealth building sprints that can kick-start your wealth building marathon in the following areas:
- Building good personal and business credit
- Starting personal savings accounts and emergency funds
- Pursuing home ownership
- Starting an education savings account
- Starting a retirement savings account
- On Day 2: “Get The Word Out with Confidence” Learn what to say and practice pitching your innovative ideas, in 2-minutes or less to prospective:
- Policy Makers
- The Press
- On Days 3, 4 and 5: “Get Your Business Off-The-Ground & THRIVING!”
Gain access to the venture capital pipeline.
- Pitch your startup idea to a panel of investors. for the chance to win capital ON-THE-SPOT!
- Learn how-to fast track your startup idea into a viable and validated venture IN JUST 3-DAYS!
- On Day 6: “Get Entrepreneurial Experience & Exposure”
Attend the E-Innovation & Internship Fair and get entrepreneurial experience and exposure to high growth market opportunities with Fortune 2000 companies.
Bamba has launched a national speaking and media tour to build awareness about the wealth gap, raise capital for her emerging venture capital fund and garner partnership, promotional and sponsorship support for her upcoming event. Bamba is available for speaking engagements, guest appearances and media interviews.
Source: Black PR Wire