- Taxpayers who own real estate property in Charleston County may be eligible to pay real property taxes through advance installments, at no additional cost to the taxpayer.
- In order to participate, the real property must not be delinquent or have a mortgage escrow.
- For tax year 2019, enrollment for the program began December 1st, 2018 and will end January 15th, 2019. Advance installment payments will apply to tax year 2019.
- Enrollment forms are available online and at any Charleston County Treasurer’s location.
- Your Advance Installment Payment Plan will initially consist of 6 equal payments (based on the last year’s real property tax bill). For example, if your 2018 real property taxes were $1,200, then your plan would consist of 6 equal payments (in cash or check only) of $200 each to pay toward your 2019 real property taxes.
- First February 15 $200
- Second April 15 $200
- Third June 15 $200
- Fourth August 15 $200
- Fifth October 15 $200
- On October 1, 2019, Charleston County will calculate your 2019 real property tax bill; therefore, your 6th and final payment will be based on the remaining amount due to pay your real property taxes in full. For Example:
2019 Real Property tax bill = $1,230
Less: installments paid to date ($1,000)
Your 6th and final installment payment would equal: $230 Charleston County will send you a notice (no later than November 15th), informing you of the amount due for your 6th and final installment payment. The final payment is due by January 15th.
- Special assessments for commercial properties are not eligible to be included in the Advance Installment Plan.
- A separate application must be completed for each property to be included in the program.
Call the Treasurer’s office with any questions at (843) 958-4360.