BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina customer service representatives are working longer hours fielding calls during the final week of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) open enrollment period to ensure one-on-one attention to those signing up for health insurance before the 11:59 p.m. Dec. 15 deadline. BlueCross representatives are available by phone starting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday and Friday. The phone lines open at 9 a.m. Saturday and stay open until 9 p.m. on Thursday and 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
The SC BLUE℠ Retail Centers are open weekdays from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturdays. The SC BLUE Mobile Retail Center is taking appointments and walk-ins 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. every day and returning calls until 10 p.m. Thursday – Saturday.
There are several ways consumers can get BlueCross insurance for 2019:
- Visit www.SouthCarolinaBlues.com.
- Call toll free: 877-313-2583.
- Walk into one of three SC BLUE retail stores to speak face-to-face with an agent, or check out www.SCBlueRetailCenters.com to schedule an appointment. Appointments are not required, but are recommended.
- Columbia Retail Center
1260 Bower Parkway, Suite A4
Columbia, SC 29212
- Mount Pleasant Retail Center
1795 N. Highway 17, Unit 7
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Greenville Retail Center
Magnolia Park Mall
1025 Woodruff Road, Suite A105
Greenville, SC 29607
Visit with an agent in the SC BLUE Mobile Retail Center at the following locations or by calling 855-382-2583.
- Greenville: Until Dec. 15, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., 1025 Woodruff Road
- North Charleston: Until Dec. 15, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., 8091 Rivers Ave.
- Find the nearest enrollment event by going to www.EnrollSCNow.com.
BlueCross is offering plans in all 46 South Carolina counties, and the coverage becomes effective Jan. 1, 2019. Almost 90 percent of BlueCross exchange members receive a subsidy and, depending on a person’s income, could qualify for a plan costing as low as zero dollars.