Michelle Simmons to Serve as Executive Director of the Elementary Learning Community

Michelle Simmons

Charleston County School District (CCSD) would like to announce that Michelle Simmons has been appointed to serve as the Executive Director of the Elementary Learning Community. Simmons has served as a CCSD administrator for 14 years, and currently serves as an interim director for the Elementary Learning Community.

Simmons also served as Principal of Stono Park Elementary School, Principal of C.C. Blaney Elementary School, Assistant Principal at W.B. Goodwin Elementary School, and began her career in education in Charleston County by teaching at Mary Ford Elementary School.

Simmons holds a Bachelor of Science in Education from South Carolina State University, and a Master’s in Elementary Education Administration and Supervision and an Ed.S. in Education Leadership from The Citadel.

“Mrs. Simmons is an impeccable student-centered, data-driven, servant leader who has created a culture of determination and academic successes at Stono Park,” said Deputy Superintendent of Learning Services Cindy Ambrose. “During this interim period, her expertise was beneficial as she supported programs, leaders, and schools in the Elementary Learning Community.”

1. Jimmie lee Hall jr on September 12, 2018 at 8:27 pm

I would like to say congratulations to you and your promotion I am so proud of you, Jimmie

2. Canatrian Nelson Middleton on September 12, 2018 at 10:09 pm

I would like to to say congratulations to my awesome classmate on your promotion and success!!! May God continue to bless you and your family!! We are sooo proud of you!!!

Love Canatrian

3. Tara Williams on September 12, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Congratulation Ms. Simmons…we are so proud of you.

4. Martina C Davis on September 12, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Wow!!! I am very proud and super excited for you my beautiful cousin. May God’s love and grace continue to adorn you and give you all the desserts of your labor.
    Love, cousin Tina❤

5. Annette Holmes on September 12, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Congratulations! Your mother would be so very proud of you! I certainly am! Love cousin Nette

6. Kennesha Waring on September 12, 2018 at 11:46 pm

Congratulations! I’m so proud of you cousin. I wish you all the best and love you

Nesha

7. Wachovia Judge on September 13, 2018 at 12:07 am

Congratulations Shelly on a job well done. Alexis and I both are so proud of you.

8. Felicia Rivers on September 13, 2018 at 4:33 am

Congratulations. Keep being a motivation for our community and striving for excellence in all you do. You are amazing and a inspiration to me.

9. Margaret Ficklin on September 13, 2018 at 4:53 am

Congratulations MICHELLE SIMMONS for all of your accomplishments and for your most recent appointment. I know you will continue to do excellent things in meeting the crucial needs of our students!! SO VERY PROUD and HATS 🎩🎩 OFF TO YOU!!!!

10. Latisha Abraham-Grant on September 13, 2018 at 7:33 am

Congratulations Michelle!! I am so happy and proud of you!! Well done!!

11. Stephanie Polite on September 13, 2018 at 9:24 am

Congrats to my 5th grade teacher when she taught at Mary Ford.

12. Thalia on September 13, 2018 at 9:35 am

Congratulations on a well needed promotion. You deserve it Michelle.

13. Titiniesha Hamilton Simmons on September 13, 2018 at 10:03 am

Congratulations to my loving sister in law. Eon and I are so very proud of you. You are destined for greatness. We love you!

14. Paula Gladden on September 13, 2018 at 11:45 am

Words can’t express how proud I am of you may God keep blessing you to do a great work love Paula

15. Blondelle Tolliver on September 13, 2018 at 9:51 pm

So proud of you! Congratulations!

16. Michelle Simmons you was a very good principal and congradulation on your new job. May god continue to bless you through years to come. Thank You For All You Have Done For Our Children. Love Ya. on September 13, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Michelle Simmons congradulation on a job well done. Thank You for All You Do For Our Children. Thank You For Know Child Left Behind. May god continue to bless you through years to come.Franzina U. Nelson

17. Daisy McCullough on September 14, 2018 at 12:26 am

Congratulations Ms.Simmons !! and thank you for opening the door of CCSD to me. I have witnessed the great work you have displayed as a leader, continue to do well.

18. Jennifer Singleton on September 14, 2018 at 10:00 am

Congratulations to you Ms Simmons!

19. Ronice on September 15, 2018 at 10:03 am