The aromas and flavors of more than 30 global food and beverage marketplaces, plus a full menu of new offerings such as “Sunday Brunch with the Chef” series, will welcome guests during the 23rd Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Aug. 30-Nov. 12, 2018. Guests will have a chance to meet their favorite celebrity chefs, try a new Food & Beverage Pairing in the Festival Center each Friday through Sunday, get their gourmet groove on at nightly Eat to the Beat Concert Series shows and more.
A-listers from the culinary world bring their talents to Walt Disney World to delight guests and inspire palates. Guests catch mealtime maestros in action at exclusive events, such as Party for the Senses, and special culinary demonstrations. Some of the celebrity chefs participating include:
- Huda Mu’min (Sept. 20 and Sept. 22) – Founder and CEO of Chef Huda’s Kitchen, a unique culinary company specializing in healthy comfort food; record-setting winner of Food Network’s “Cutthroat Kitchen” and fan favorite on ABC’s “The Taste”
- Dana Herbert (Oct. 4 and Oct. 6) – Winner of TLC’s “Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker” and expert sugar artist best known as “The Sugar Daddy” because of his work with pulled and blown sugar
- Jennifer Hill-Booker (Oct. 10 and Oct. 13) – Cooking style is a modern reinvention of Southern cuisine that incorporates seasonal ingredients with French culinary techniques; studied at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Paris
- Carla Hall (Oct. 28) – Former co-host of the popular ABC TV show “The Chew” and competitor on “Top Chef” and “Top Chef: All Stars”; Carla Hall’s Southern Kitchen, the chef’s first restaurant, features iconic Nashville Hot Chicken and Southern sides
- Rock Harper (Nov. 8 and Nov. 10) – Widely known as “Chef Rock” following his win on the third season of the Fox TV show “Hell’s Kitchen” (hosted by Gordon Ramsay); recently launched his own imprint, RockSolid Creative Food Group LLC and the Chef Rock Xperiment Podcast
Thirty-two musical acts will perform during the 23rd Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. These performers represent a diverse collection of hit makers from pop to country to R&B and more. They comprise a powerful lineup ready to rock the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. daily. The lineup includes:
- Baha Men (Sept. 14-16) – The band revived the deep musical legacy of the Bahamas and achieved world fame with the hit song “Who Let the Dogs Out.”
- Sheila E. (Sept. 22-23) – She began her career as a percussionist and soon thereafter launched a successful solo singing career with hits such as “The Glamorous Life.”
- Living Colour (Sept. 20-21) – The New York City rock group known for “Cult of Personality” released a new album, “Shade,” just last year.
- Jeffrey Osborne (Sept. 29-30) – The legendary R&B singer known for “On the Wings of Love,” among many other hits.
- Kenny G (Oct. 22-23) – This master of the soprano sax is one of the biggest-selling musicians of all time.
- Billy Ocean (Oct. 24-25) – An international pop and R&B star of the ’70s and ’80s, who rose to fame with hits such as “Caribbean Queen” and “Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car.”
- Boyz II Men (Nov. 5-7) – Recognized as one of the most successful musical groups of the ’90s by Billboard magazine, with hits such as “End of the Road” and “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday.
Latest Festival Buzz:
- The NEW Taste Track global marketplace featuring specialty croissant doughnuts (add gelato for an extra-sweet treat) joins dozens of popular returning marketplaces. For a fourth year, global marketplaces will extend into Future World to offer brand-new taste sensations. Disney chefs are in the kitchen whipping up delicious new bites like Butternut Squash Ravioli with brown butter vinaigrette, Parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds at The Wine & Dine Studio; Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak with smoked corn cake, pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro aïoli at Flavors from Fire; and New Brunswick Slider, slow-braised beef brisket “pot roast-style” on a potato roll with horseradish cream, crispy fried onions and pickled vegetables on the side at the Hops & Barley.
- The NEW “Sunday Brunch with the Chef” series in World ShowPlace will kick off Sept. 2 with Top Chef All-Star Richard Blais and continue on select Sundays through Nov. 11 with a lineup that includes Jamie Deen, Tiffani Thiessen, Masaharu Morimoto, Buddy Valastro, Art Smith, Geoffrey Zakarian, Carla Hall and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- The grandest of the festival’s don’t-miss tasting events, Party for the Senses at World ShowPlace, will welcome acclaimed chefs and vintners Sept. 22, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and Nov. 10 to showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips with sensational live entertainment.
- “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops Wednesdays and Thursdays will offer new opportunities for guests to interact with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros.