The UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program, sponsored in partnership with Carnival Corporation, is seeking college sophomores and juniors of color, with an interest in pursuing a career in the hospitality industry and whose experience in their first two years of college demonstrates leadership and strategic and analytical ability. Candidates will be selected to participate in a two-year scholarship and internship at various Carnival Corporation host sites for summer 2018.
- Paid summer internships with two-year commitment at Carnival Corporation
- Two-year renewal scholarships up to $5,000 based on financial need
- Participation in UNCF Student Leadership Conference in Washington, DC
- Career coaching
All qualified participants of the UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program must meet these eligibility requirements:
- *Minority sophomore or junior undergraduate student enrolled full-time at a U.S.-located, accredited four-year institution, or a transfer student from a community college that has been accepted into an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum GPA of 3.0 required for renewal
- U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Majoring in hospitality management and/or administration, tourism, culinary arts, business, finance, communications, marketing, information technology, statistics, or other related field
Students must submit an online application, complete with letters of recommendation from a faculty/administrator and previous employer, a one-page personal statement of career goals that specifically addresses why they are considering the UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program; and a current transcript.
Application Close Date
January 19, 2018; 11:59 PM EST
Click here for details and to apply.
For more information, contact: Melissa Jordan, Director Professional Development Programs at [email protected].