10/3/2016 4:21:24 PM
The Harbour Club, a private business and social club and a member of the ClubCorp family, is excited to announce the club will hold its annual ClubCorp Charity Classic “Masquerade Gala" on Oct. 14. The club’s local charity of choice this year is Lowcountry Orphan Relief, a local non-profit organization whose mission is to provide support services and aide to meet the need of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect.
The event will feature a DJ, dancing, silent and live auction by auctioneer Tom Crawford and a heavy hors d’ouevres menu created by Executive Chef William Montgomery that will include:
- Red Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs, Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Charleston Succotash, and Merlot Jus
- Lavender Scented Duck Cassoulet with Cannoli Beans, Heirloom Potatoes, and Pearl Onions with Apple Roasted Cornbread
- Lamb Chop Lolli Pop, Grilled Autumn Vegetable Risotto, and Tobacco Onions
- Fresh Pickled Shrimp, Chilled Oysters on the Half Shell, Oyster Shooters, Snow Crab Claws, Jamaican Spiced Ceviche, and Tuna Tartar Towers – Zesty Cocktail Sauce, Mignonette, and Assorted Hot Sauces
- Black and White Dipped Strawberries, Crème Brulee Spoons, Banana Bread Pudding, Cheesecake Spoons, Tiramisu Martinis, Mini Cannoli, Chocolate Mousse Cups, Mini Key Lime Tarts, Raspberry Shortbread Cookies, Chocolate Pralines
The cost of the event is $85 per person (inclusive of tax and service charge). Ticket price includes DJ, dancing, food displays, drinks and additional surprises. Enjoy a night in disguise and black tie optional. For more details and to make reservations, call 843-723-9680.
All proceeds raised from this event benefit Lowcountry Orphan Relief, Augie’s Quest and the Employee Partners Care Foundation. Augie’s Quest is dedicated to helping others find a cure for Lou Gehrig’s disease and Employee Partner Care Foundation assists ClubCorp Employees in times of financial crisis.
The Harbour Club opened its doors during the summer of 1994 in the 200-year-old building at 35 Prioleau Street with founding members that included DeAnna Ellington Cheek, MD, E. Bart Daniel, Trudie C. Krawcheck and Timothy D. Scrantom. The club embraced diversity in the traditional Southern atmosphere and now serves as a centerpiece of Charleston where influential social and business community leaders connect with family, friends and colleagues.
Located in the French Quarter and overlooking the Charleston Skyline, Harbour Club offers both informal and formal dining, private meeting and conference rooms and an expansive ballroom for large-scale events accommodating up to 300 people.
As a member of the ClubCorp family, Harbour Club members can enjoy Community and Worldwide benefits, including complimentary green fees and complimentary dining when traveling to more than 300 private clubs and access to special offerings at more than 1,000 hotels, resorts and entertainment venues.