3/7/2016 4:46:26 PM
More than 40 craft beers will be available at the fifth annual Charleston Beer Garden on May 14. The area’s largest pop-up beer festival welcomes 20 breweries from the Charleston area and beyond.
Participating breweries include:
- SweetWater Brewing Co., Atlanta
- Terrapin Beer Co., Athens, Ga.
- Lagunitas Brewing Co., Petaluma, Calif., and Chicago
- Oskar Blues Brewery, Colorado and North Carolina
- Holy City Brewing, North Charleston
- Frothy Beard Brewing Co., North Charleston
- Lonerider Brewing Co., Raleigh, N.C.
- Abita Brewing Co., Louisiana
- Lo-Fi Brewing, Charleston
- Cooper River Brewing Co., Charleston
- Sierra Nevada, California
- Widmer Brothers Brewing, Oregon
- Goose Island Beer Co., Chicago
- Palmetto Brewery, Charleston
- Blue Point Brewery, New York
- 10 Barrel Brewing Co., Oregon
- Elysian Brewing Co., Seattle
- Hi-Wire Brewing, Asheville
- Samuel Adams, Boston
- Tradesman Brewing Co., Charleston
This celebration of the suds is noon to 7 p.m. at The Grove at Patriots Point. All proceeds benefit local nonprofit Lowcountry AIDS Services in its work helping people living with HIV/AIDS in the greater Charleston area as well as its community outreach, education and prevention programs.
In addition to enjoying a variety of frothy beverages, craft beer lovers can enjoy live music with festival headliners The Dubplates along with the Andy Masker Band, King Sing and DJ Trail Mix on the Charleston Beer Garden stage.
The Homebrewers’ Village brought to you by Yeast - Everything Homebrew will feature more than a dozen homebrewers sampling their delicious suds and competing to win Best in Show. Yelp Beer Games will test feasts of knowledge, brawn and skill with cornhole, arm wrestling, pony hop races, badminton, giant Jenga and hands-free pizza eating.
Early bird tickets are $20 general admission/ $40 for VIP (only 50 available at this price) through March 14. After that, regular ticket prices are $25 for general admission and $50 for VIP. General admission tickets include entrance to the festival, a commemorative festival mug, five beer tickets, and entertainment. VIP tickets include 15 beer tickets, plus a separate VIP entrance, access to the VIP Oasis and VIP swag bag. This event is for ages 21 and up only.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.charlestonbeergarden.com.